Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Jennifer Yoon's hand made cards

A version. I really like this dragon. It has a graphic, bold quality. Don't remember who made it.

This one I will leave as is. Looks very dramatic without any coloring. Stencil by All Night Media.

This one uses quite a lot of different coloring. I was not able to be fully satisifed. I used Ranger's Perfect Pearls turquois powder applied with water dampened brush. It warped the card a bit. I pened in shadows around outer wings with Sakura silver gel pen and blue ink marker. Lettering uses All Night Media plastic stencil and blue ink pad applied with a flat stencil brush.


The apricot cardstock used in this card is a really beautiful color. I think the stamp was All Night Media, but I am not sure. Stamp is very beautiful and looks wonderful in many simple designs. I think I like elaborate and intricate designs in general rather than casual and breezy ones. Ink is metallic red pigment from All Night Media. It shines more than ANY OTHER INK. Plus it's only about $3.00 - cheaper than a reinker. It takes a LONG time to dry -- at least a day, maybe a week. It never dries on vellum even after months. Embossing with clear or sparkle powder is recommended for matt paper and required for glossy paper. I don't emboss. I don't mind just letting it air dry for a couple of days on matt cardstock. I love the colors and shine. BUT, it does stain the stamp, which I DO mind. Oh well. I even used StanzOn all purpose cleaner for solvent & other inks, but it still stains the rubber. The background paper was nice too with toning leaves printed on it.

No comments: